Monday, November 15, 2010

Sponsorship

To get my mum to live with us in Canada on a permanent basis I need to apply for sponsorship, wait for about 5 years and then get her the same permanent resident status I now posess. By that time I hope I will get my citizenship - one must live in Canada for 3 years being a permanent resident to be able to apply for citizenship.

I am currently gathering paperwork needed to apply for sponsorship. It is quite a list - I guess the same size as when I applied for immigration, which makes sense. What I cannot comprehend is why I have to pay $550 now, where they will process her file in 3 years only? I.e. the file will be lying there waiting for its turn. It would make more sense to ask for processing fees when you start processing, wouldn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment