Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First anniversary in Canada

Yesterday it's been a year since we came to Canada. This year has brought as many changes as one can imagine. And the changes keep going. I've never been opposed to changes - I always considered them as new opportunities to pursue, new challenges to become stronger. Nietzsche was right saying "Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger". This saying is exactly the way I feel about negative changes. There is another saying - negative experience is experience as well.

Luckily we did not have many negative changes during the last year. Compared to Russia living in Canada is quite calm and enjoyable. There is no such stress and life goes at a slower pace - one has a chance to actually enjoy it. I do not feel that time files by and I do not have enough of it to stop and think of where I am and where I am going, and where I want to go to...

During the year I have been writing down wish-lists for myself - way of programming myself to get where I wanted to. I checked them yesterday - most of my wishes have come true. I have found a job (technically it has found me, but that is not important), we found new friends, we prayed, we went into sports, we watched movies and series we wanted to watch for so long, we read many books, we studied and travelled...

We would be ungrateful not to say thank you Canada for giving us a chance to make a fresh start in a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment