Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pick your battles

I used to be really stubborn in trying to prove my solution was the best possible for the situation. The scale of the problem or its significance to me personally did not really matter. Once I got started, I would not abandon the ship until either full victory or complete defeat were achieved.

Now I notice that I am more willing to step back and not escalate the whole situation by trying to get my point to the other party when I realize that the problem is not important to me. I guess I am a way better politician now as I am ready to give up my position in exchange for an ally. I do not surrender with a white flag, I just make the point of how I missed a different prospective in the situation and how this changes the whole approach of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment